GM Electric Vehicles and Charging Stations
Here at Auffenberg of Carbondale, we are proud to offer the future of the automobile with the current and upcoming lineup of GM EVs. The full line of General Motors electric vehicles is continually being added to and maturing, with vehicles on the Ultium platform currently rolling out apace, starting with the superlative GMC Hummer EV.
While the extreme nature and capabilities of the Hummer EV showcase the high end of the electric vehicle spectrum offered by GM, the company’s first mass market electric vehicle was actually one of the least expensive ever offered for sale. That is the Chevy Bolt, whose significant popularity has both warranted a second generation and an expansion of the Bolt name into a sub-brand of its own, with a crossover SUV variant containing extra space.
The Cadillac LYRIQ and Chevy Blazer EV SS are further manifestations of the technology General Motors is underpinning its future vehicles on. As more vehicles are released, more niches will be filled including less expensive and higher performing electric vehicles for Carbondale, Murphysboro, Marion, and West Frankfort drivers. Get in touch with us with any questions you have about new vehicles!
Benefits of Electric Vehicles
There are plenty of reasons why the automotive world is going electric, and why GM is one of the leaders of that charge:
- Practicality: Electric vehicles can have more internal space because batteries can be under floor, and motors are much smaller than engines.
- Safety: Because an engine isn’t in the middle of a vehicle’s crumple zone, electric vehicles can be made much safer, not to mention the anti-rollover benefits of the extremely low center of gravity of electric vehicles with floor mounted batteries.
- Speed: We’ve probably all seen the videos of electric cars smoking the fastest supercars, and while EVs often aren’t built for speed, even without a performance focus their more efficient motors offer instant torque.
- Reliability: The motors are also simpler, making a huge chunk of the common maintenance and repair items ICE vehicles face simply not exist anymore.
- Convenience: A primary benefit of electric cars is that you can wake up to a fully charged EV in your garage, for much less cost than it takes to fill up at a gas station. To take full advantage of home charging, contact us for details!
What to Do Before Buying an EV
- Prepare Your Garage: A home charging station is something an electrician can install, which will give you the full benefit of an EV. Because electricity is much easier to generate than gasoline is to refine, it’s several times cheaper to power your car with electricity.
- Find Local Charging Stations: If you don’t have a garage, find out where local charging stations are, just to confirm how practical an EV is for you.
- Explore Incentives: EVs commonly have available tax credits up to $7,500.
Learn More About Electric Cars Today at Auffenberg of Carbondale!
Here at Auffenberg of Carbondale, we’re serious about EVs, with two Level 2 19kW chargers available, and currently, the areas only Level1 50kW DC Fast Charger. Our chargers are managed by EV Connect and accessible through their ap (available for download on Apple or Google). Additionally, we have 2 certified technicians to service these advanced machines for Southern Illinois drivers. Take advantage of our payment calculator and online financing application today to see how an EV could fit into your life!